About this role
We are hiring a Structural Designer to join our clients team. They are an Australian Engineering company focused on leading mining projects across the globe. This is a contract position with potential for extension.
- Prepare 3D structural model and 2D structural drawings (steel and concrete) for industrial and mining projects;
- Interface with other disciplines (civil/earthwork, architectural, mechanical, piping, electrical) to ensure structural drawings incorporated other discipline requirements;
- Perform site visits, inspect existing structures, prepare drawings and sketches of existing structures;
- Liaise with designers, engineers and project managers for direction, coordination and feedback;
- Maintain consistent design drafting standards across projects.
- Diploma in Engineering Design and Drafting Technology (structural or architectural) from a recognized collage;
- 5 - 7 years experience in structural steel and concrete modeling, design and drafting;
- Proficiency in AutoCAD 2D drafting is a must;
- Proficiency in Smart Plant 3D modeling or other 3D modeling software is a must;
- Site experience and shop detailing is considered an asset;
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as a member of multi-functional project teams is a must;
- Civil, earthwork, architectural design experience will be an asset.
Why work with Brunel? We are proud to offer exciting career opportunities from over 100 offices globally in 42 countries. Advancing your career takes time and effort – let us match you to your ideal position.
Join the Brunel Family
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Brunel provides the global recruitment and workforce services you need to lead your industry. With 45 years of market experience in Renewable Energy, Automotive, Oil & Gas, Life Sciences, Mining and Infrastructure, we help you finish major projects safely, compliantly, on-time, within budget and at the highest quality, so you can keep growing — anywhere in the world.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Marieke Bravo is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Canada - Calgary