About this role
- Ensure and promote the application of HSE and Safety Engineering policies, process, standards and guidelines incl. international rulesets;
- Liaise as required with shareholders Technical Authorities, D+W / FOPS and MP entities to ensure Piping strategies and current best industry technical knowledge is applied and enforced;
- Ensure that contractors comply at all times with the above, taking actions as required in case of deviation;
- Promote safety culture within personnel and contractors including reporting of anomalies;
- Develop and oversee the design of new piping installations or modifications in conjunction with E&C, D&W, FOPS and MP entities;
- Define, specify and carry out necessary technical studies in order to propose robust and optimized technical solutions;
- Prepare requisitions for piping material procurement and technical bids evaluation;
- Prepare scope of work, cost estimates, budgets, and technical dossiers for all packages for piping related activities;
- Lead the technical review of the bidders’ proposals and prepare technical recommendations accordingly;
- Produce and supervise as the case may be detailed engineering performed by Contractors for installation engineering;
- Evaluate and approve Production Facilities drawings and designs, installation schemes, layouts, HAZOP studies & materials take-off for all required NOC entities e.g. D&W / FO and MP thus providing consistency and standardization for CAPEX/OPEX benefit;
- Ensure that Engineering Contractors submit all deliverables on time and check them regularly to achieve quality expectations;
- Lead development and update of piping standards;
- Interact with Third Parties such as Certifying bodies and the like to ensure independent oversight is maintained;
- Plan and conduct KOM with contractors, JRA/work permits meetings in liaison with FO entity;
- Interview, select and recruit Piping Engineering Personal [both direct hire and Contract Staff].
- Min. Qualification: BEng or MEng in Mechanical Engineering; with membership of a recognized professional body e.g. C. Eng / I. Mech. E;
- Min. +12 years in offshore oil & gas covering Design Offices, fabrication/installation with 5-7 years in a leadership role;
- Good sense of team spirit, strong leadership and interpersonal, transferable and communication skills;
- Fluent in English (Verbal/written).
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Babu Harishchandra Jadhav is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Babu Harishchandra Jadhav
Brunel Energy Qatar Doha