About this role
Brunel is currently seeking a Senior Geotechnical Engineer for an open pit mine with our client located in Northern Nevada.
- Site wide surface geotechnical support of multiple active open pits;
- Supervision of the geotechnical team – (6-person junior team);
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with mine geology, mine operations, dewatering, and mine engineering groups;
- Ensure adequate geotechnical instrumentation is deployed, read, maintained, and data reported;
- Performing, training and oversight of highwall data collection, design and slope management;
- This position is hands-on, not a consulting role.
- The ideal candidate will possess a strong background in site-based slope design and management, rock mass property assessment, and geotechnical instrumentation;
- Experience with radars and prism monitoring;
- Bachelor Degree in Geology or Geological Engineering;
- Six (6) years’ experience working as an on-site Geotechnical Engineer;
- Ability to train and mentor team members and demonstrate safety leadership;
- Willingness and ability to perform field work in an extreme environment;
- Clear and concise written and verbal communication skills.;
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S., Unable to provide H1B sponsorship at this time. TN Visa applicants are welcome to apply.
What We Can Offer You:
- A comprehensive compensation package including bonuses, generous benefits package, 401K retirement plan with employer matching, paid time off and stock purchase plans where applicable and much more;
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team;
- An Opportunity to transform Traditional Mining into the future of Digital Mining;
- Opportunities to grow and learn with the industry colleagues are endless.
Join the Brunel Family
Our client is committed to:
- Creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer;
- A safe work environment sending every person home safe and healthy every day and leaving a sustainable legacy on our host communities.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Cindy King is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel USA - Detroit
All fresh vacancies in your mailbox?
Sing up for the Brunel job alert
Look at our privacy statement