About this role
We’re hiring a Senior Accountant for our client, a global leader in Veterinary Diagnostics with distribution presence in 24 countries. This is a fulltime permanent role in Barrie, ON.
- Responsible for one or more accounting processes – Cash, Inventory, Prepaid Expenses, Fixed Assets, Allocations, Other Receivables, Intercompany Eliminations, Consolidation, Accruals;
- Executes monthly accounting close procedures as assigned including reconciliations, journal entries, financial analysis and reporting;
- Assists with the preparation of daily, monthly and quarterly reports to internal and external stakeholders;
- Prepare commission calculations for manager’s review;
- Works with auditors to provide documentation and support for accounting transactions and balances;
- Consistently identifies ways to limit manual journal entries and speed up closing process;
- Daily, weekly and monthly account analysis to ensure accurate and timely financial reporting;
- Prepares accounting research for existing and new transactions and understands or is able to learn new accounting guidance independently; guidance may be specific to US GAAP or other generally accepted accounting principles;
- Coordinates internal and external reporting and improves timeliness and accuracy of financial closing and reporting in addition to streamlining audit efforts;
- Ensures compliance with internal controls and accounting processes;
- Assists with improving controls and policy documentation;
- Provides support for internal control development and testing and general assistance to others in Accounting department as needed;
- Delivers ad hoc reporting, sometimes with minimal structure or guidance provided;
- Establish and maintain written desktop procedures.
- Minimum of 4 years of accounting related experience required;
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required, professional accounting designation an asset;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong understanding of GAAP;
- Ability to understand, analyze and interpret financial statements and financial data;
- Ability to multi-task and meet changing priorities and deadlines;
- Consistently displays strong analytical skills, accuracy and attention to detail;
- Intermediate ability with Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel, Outlook and Access.
Why work with Brunel? We are proud to offer exciting career opportunities from over 100 offices globally in 42 countries. Advancing your career takes time and effort – let us match you to your ideal position.
Join the Brunel Family
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Over 45 years, we’ve created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Eva Balicki is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Canada - Toronto
All fresh vacancies in your mailbox?
Sing up for the Brunel job alert
Look at our privacy statement