About this role
- Brunel is currently searching for a Sales Manager / Business Segment Lead Non-Automotive for direct hire with our client near Syracuse, NY area. Potential consideration to live in Metro Detroit as well;
- The Sales Manager will be responsible for managing a team of 8 within inside sales and account management. You will build, develop and manage the sales team and be responsible for strategies, planning and budgeting new business development activities for electronic components across a variety of industries such as automotive, off-road vehicles, heavy truck, home appliances, power tools, medical devices, defense industry and more;
- Based on the success in growing this business segment and/or candidate’s experience, the position is intended to develop into the Business Segment Lead Non- Automotive for the North American region, being responsible for the creation and execution of the regional Non-Automotive Business Segment strategy.
- Develop and execute 5-year topline sales plan to ensure sales growth and achievement of annual sales targets in alignment with global Business Unit strategy;
- Lead and coach a team of Key Account Managers and Inside Sales professionals by creating an environment that is conducive to collaboration and professional growth;
- Lead and coordinate cross functional activities to ensure successful acquisition and realization of awarded projects;
- Identify objectives and goals for direct and operational reports and provide a clear plan, as well as support and training opportunities, to ensure they are achieved;
- Ensure RFQ responses are delivered to customers with quality and integrity through training and encouragement of cross-functional teamwork;
- Guide the team in creating and delivering presentations for strategic technologies/products to existing and new customers and current products to potential new customers;
- Lead the development of market intelligence including white spot analysis, customer roadmaps, market trends, and competitor understanding;
- Collaborate with both regional and global teams for alignment in pursuit of business success exhibiting entrepreneurial skills within a global business network;
- Interface with top level management to provide reports related to the status of accounts and present strategic business plans to obtain leadership support (and understand when to escalate issues to appropriate leadership);
- Set and operate within cost center budget;
- Ensure the team follows internal business processes, including PEP (Marquardt’s internal product development process);
- Step-in to provide support and mediation when customer escalation topics arise;
- Identify, maintain, and track KPIs, then use the findings to continuously drive improvements;
- Own other special projects and assignments identified by leadership.
- BS degree in Engineering, Business Administration or related field;
- 10+ years’ experience in sales of engineered production (not catalog products);
- 5+ years’ experience in a management position with direct team leadership responsibilities;
- Experience preferred in automotive, heavy truck, off-road industries or home industries working with electronics or electromechanical components;
- People person able to coach, mentor, train, motivate and lead a team;
- Ability to travel approximately 10% both domestically and internationally;
- Must be eligible to work for any employer in the U.S. without sponsorship now or in the future.
- Position will sit in office with the team and comes with a generous benefits package including medical, dental, vision and life insurance start on your first day of employment;
- Matching 401K program, tuition reimbursement, supplier discounts and more;
- Base salary plus annual bonus. Lump sum relocation package available.
Join the Brunel Family
- Our client is a supplier of innovative products across a diverse customer base.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Cindy King is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel USA - Detroit
All fresh vacancies in your mailbox?
Sing up for the Brunel job alert
Look at our privacy statement