About this role
We’re hiring a Research Engineer for our client to join their team. This is a 12-month contract position that will allow the opportunity to put your knowledge to work every day on a variety of high value tasks.
- Initiate or lead projects that pertain to the design, operation and optimization of gas transmission systems, and petrochemicals manufacturing facilities. Meet research or other project goals within time and budget constraints.
- Apply wide ranging engineering fundamentals, particularly in fluid dynamics, thermodynamics, mass, and heat transfer principles to develop advanced models to solve specific problems related to each project.
- Develop solution techniques and computer codes to solve specific problems
- Design and construct experiments and test rigs in collaboration with senior scientists
- Analyze experimental data
- Write technical reports and conference/journal articles.
- Troubleshoot problems and apply innovative thinking to generate new ideas and create inventive solutions.
- Communicate results and findings to project team members and leadership through meetings, presentations, and technical reports.
- Please include a Cover Letter and a Resume with your application in order to be considered for this role
- University Degree in Mechanical Engineering preferred; consideration will be given to Chemical Engineers with experience relevant to the role (B.Sc. with 2-5 years of experience, M.Sc. or M.Eng. with 0-2 years of experience).
- Demonstrated experience executing research projects and cross-functional collaboration to effectively deliver results while working independently or as part of a team.
- Commitment to Responsible Care®.
- Strong project and time management capabilities, and aptitude for problem solving/troubleshooting.
- Experience in one or more of the following areas will be considered an asset: Instrumentation, controls, data acquisition systems and statistical analysis
- Trades (millwright, electrician, pipefitting)
- High pressure Unit Operations
- Strong knowledge in fluid dynamics, thermodynamics, heat and mass transfer, process simulation and numerical methods.
- Experience in programming and data acquisition (e.g., Python, LabView).
- Experience with CAD programs (e.g., SolidWorks, NavisWork) and engineering drawings.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
Why work with Brunel? We are proud to offer exciting career opportunities from over 100 offices globally in 42 countries. Advancing your career takes time and effort – let us match you to your ideal position.
Join the Brunel Family
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Over 45 years, we’ve created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Gultchan Chevket is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Canada - Toronto