About this role
We’re hiring a Quality Assurance Manager to join our client’s growing team. The Quality Assurance Manager ensures all QA Processes, standard operating procedures and training are in line with regulatory requirements and compliant with Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Lead a team of QA professionals to maximize productivity within the team.
- Assist in creating the strategy and business plan for the QA team.
- Establish a collaborative culture within the team that builds solid relationships across cross-functional teams.
- Coordinate the team to ensure all internal and external requirements are met before the product reaches the consumer.
- Responsible for ensuring all individuals in charge of quality assurance have adequate education, and training (including on-going GMP and regulatory training) and/or have the practical experience necessary to perform their assigned duties.
- Maintain records of education and training and update when needed.
- Lead the growth of all team members to ensure career success.
- Review and approve documents related to Quality Assurance.
- Guide the team of Quality Assurance in all day-to-day operations of the department.
- Collaborate with Regulatory Compliance Manager to ensure quality assurance processes and documents follow all Quality Assurance and GMP standards.
- Review departmental Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for compliance with applicable regulatory requirements; write and revise quality assurance and corporate SOPs.
- Responsible for the reliability and consistency of production and processes.
- Lead or coordinate all investigations and corrective actions pertaining to Quality Assurance.
- Collaborate with the Quality Control Lab Manager to appraise customer requirements and satisfaction.
- Approve or reject all formulations, procedures, specifications, test methods, controls and results that affect the purity, quality and composition of each ingredient and product. Written procedures shall be established and implemented.
- Approve or reject all raw materials, packaging materials and finished products, quality deviations and product reprocessing, including products manufactured by contractors, based upon conformance/nonconformance to respective specifications
- Review and maintain completed batch records, laboratory records of tests and investigations, and records with respect to returned, reprocessed and redistributed products.
- Identify any malfunction in production to ensure immediate actions (including investigations).
- Destruction and documentation of labels, returned products, packaging materials, and raw materials as applicable
- Perform quality assurance audits. Ensure that laboratories (in-house and contract) are capable of performing all of the tasks and responsibilities assigned to them
- Create and manage budgets for Quality Assurance Analytics.
- Collaborate with external quality assurance officers and vendors for audits or related issues.
- Ensure QA personnel document all complaints with the following information (when applicable): the name and description of the product, the lot number, the source and nature of the complaint, and any response. When an investigation is conducted, ensure the written record includes findings and any follow-up action taken.
- Ensure that all operational requirements meet required legal standards.
- Collaborate with Human Resources to ensure management of team issues through the entire employee lifecycle (recruitment, onboarding, employee relations, total rewards, training and development and succession planning).
- Participate in all required meetings to update Executive Team.
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in chemistry, biology, microbiology, engineering or comparable education.
- 7+ years of experience in a quality assurance role within a related industry: blood banking, cosmetics, food, natural health products, or pharmaceutical.
- 5+ years’ experience in leading a team.
- 2+ years’ experience working within a GMP or regulatory environment.
- Experience in production and quality assurance processes.
- Exceptional communication skills and the ability to develop relationships across cross-functional teams.
- Proven knowledge of related regulatory requirements.
- Be able to convert standards into SOP and processes and ensure regulatory compliance.
- Leadership experience in leading a team and supporting culture and growth.
- Knowledge of production processes (physical and chemical properties of raw materials and products).
- Analytical and mathematical mind, capable of evaluating and solving various complex problems.
- Organizational competencies and project management skills to keep projects, processes, and the team on track.
- Self-motivated individual with the ability to multi-task and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Time management skills to keep ahead of administrative tasks in various areas.
- Attention to detail.
- A collaborative individual who excels in a team environment.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Outlook.
Why work with Brunel? We are proud to offer exciting career opportunities from over 100 offices globally in 42 countries. Advancing your career takes time and effort – let us match you to your ideal position.
Join the Brunel Family
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Brunel provides the global recruitment and workforce services you need to lead your industry. With 45 years of market experience in Renewable Energy, Automotive, Oil & Gas, Life Sciences, Mining and Infrastructure, we help you finish major projects safely, compliantly, on-time, within budget and at the highest quality, so you can keep growing — anywhere in the world.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Rory Lyden is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Canada - Toronto