About this role
We’re hiring a Project Manager for our client to join their team. This is a full-time position that will allow the opportunity to put your knowledge to work every day on a variety of high value tasks.
- Ensure the quality of output of the allocated project team, and that it is aligned with the needs of the project / study, the company objectives, the requirements of the client and meets regulatory requirements.
- Ensure the management and technical competence of the project team in the delivery of the projects / studies is enhanced and developed to meet the requirements of the Clients and their projects in accordance with the contract.
- Develop and maintain the various project specific procedures, work practices, plans and protocols to enable the project team to work efficiently and maintain a consistent approach and high standard of work.
- Ensure the timeliness and accuracy of the project control (reporting, costs, schedule, trends, change management) in terms of both direct and indirect costs in accordance with the contract and in-house procedures.
- Develop and maintain client relationships
HSEC: Demonstrate behaviour and practices in accordance with HSEC systems, policies, values and expectations, rules we live by and code of conduct.
Project Performance: Ensure overall schedules, budgets and target deliverables are achieved to a consistently high standard. Respond immediately to change to ensure projects are completed on time and budget in accordance with the contractual scope of work and services. Ensure all Project activities are conducted in a manner that highly prioritizes safety, environment, community, and industrial relations. Ensure all implementation approaches and project controls are reasonable in their establishment and revised as required and are met throughout the project.
Client Relationships: Communicate immediately with the client on matters that affect the project goals. Chair and minute weekly client meetings, and review minutes of other meetings held between the Client and other members of the project team. Manage the compilation and submission of the project progress
report monthly or as required by the contract.
Resource Management: Manage all members of the project team in the compliance with applicable project/study specific requirements and current industry work codes and standards. Chair weekly project meetings and other review meetings as required. Communicate daily with site based senior personnel.
Recruit projects and construction personnel as required in accordance with company guidelines.
Company Management: Advise the Manager of Projects immediately on matters that negatively affect project goals. Advise the Manager of Projects immediately of any serious safety, environmental, community or industrial relations incidents.
Business Development Support: Provide project support and input to proposals, customer presentations, and other marketing / business development activities as required. Prepare scope, budget and schedule for written proposals as requested.
- Engineering qualifications or equivalent.
- At least 10 years’ experience in various aspects of Project Management in the mineral processing and related industries.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong technical background with a broad multi-disciplinary base in mineral processing plant/infrastructure construction.
- Demonstrate understanding and awareness of project implementation, constructability, OH&S, environmental, community and industrial relations issues.
- Ability to achieve consistently high standards within budget and schedule constraints.
- Good organizational skills.
- Managerial-leadership ability.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Capacity to delegate appropriately.
- Capacity for clear thinking and planning.
- Capacity to evaluate work practices, implement systems and suggest alternatives and refinements where necessary.
- Ability to work efficiently with minimal supervision with consistently high degree of accuracy and producing a high quality of deliverables.
Why work with Brunel? We are proud to offer exciting career opportunities from over 100 offices globally in 42 countries. Advancing your career takes time and effort – let us match you to your ideal position.
Join the Brunel Family
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Over 45 years, we’ve created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Gultchan Chevket is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Canada - Toronto