About this role
• Responsible to manage all Brownfield support activites during the EPC phase. This includes timly deliverable of all shut down related engineering deliverables as well as any Long Lead Items novation to the successful EPC Tenderer;• Take leadership role in managing overall interface between procurement teams and engineering disciplines including internal coordination to prepare responses to Contractor/Vendor clarifications request – prepare meetings and maintain a good filing system;
• Provide technical assistance and coordination, as required to support various Engineering disciplines, QA-QC group, procurement, construction and system completion activites;• Support modifications on existing offshore facilities (key tasks will be allocated);
• Accountable for assuring contractual / technical requirements are met as per AGREEMENT with EPC CONTRACTOR;• Ability to read engineering specifications, design reports, data sheets and comment if necessary to be in line with project specific requirements;
• Deliver SD Gates, supported by CONTRACTOR;
• Working with the COMPANY / CONTRACTOR and interfacing with other teams to ensure project requirements are met and delivered on time;• Monitors progress in assigned areas and scopes and takes necessary actions to ensure timely completion of the work;
• Coordinate and/or provide timely review of contractor’s documents/deliverables;• Monitors and appraises contractors' organization, planning, execution and controls.
• Supports BF PE to deliver PE’s tasks and targets;• Provides transition bridging between project stages (engineering and procurement to construction to completion to start up and handover to OPCO or “new projects”);
• Supports the process of capturing and communicating lessons learned for the project and ensuring that lessons learned are considered in construction phase of the project;• Attend into the project main reviews including project risk sessions such as What-If, HAZID, HAZOP, Model Reviews, Constructability Reviews, SIMOPS and work as focal point to close out the actions.
• Working within Brownfield environements for major projects highly desireable;• 15 + years minimum experience in a similar leadership role during execution of major projects in oil & gas industry – Offshore, Onshore facilities;
• Experience working in the Middle East with similar projects and prior experience executing projects within the State of Qatar is benefitial;• Excellent knowledge and proven experience in Brownfield Projects related to oil & gas industry;
• Previous experience in leading Vendor engineering packages and working closely witteh procurement teams;• Excellent written and verbal English language communication skills;
• Well-developed interpersonal skills and the ability to influence decisions using presentation, negotiation and facilitation skills;• Excellent technical capabilities in design submittals/ loading assumptions, calculations and drawings;
• Ability to interact with senior leaders, operating organization and shareholders confidently;• Requires strong analytical, organisational and planning skills.
Why work through Brunel? We start with competitive rates and a benefits package. With our industry insights and recruiter expertise, we can get you the contract to suit you. With Brunel you gain experience , building on your skills and enhancing your resume.
Join the Brunel Family
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Over 40 years, we’ve created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services. Join us today.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Babu Harishchandra Jadhav is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Babu Harishchandra Jadhav
Brunel Energy Qatar Doha
All fresh vacancies in your mailbox?
Sing up for the Brunel job alert
Look at our privacy statement