About this role
Brunel is currently searching for a Contracts Manager for a long-term, 2+yr contract assignment located in Phoenix, Arizona.
The Contracts Manager will manages all contracts for assigned capital projects from conception through execution and completion. Responsible for post contract administration and management of all contract matters relating to the obligations and duties of both parties.
- Analysis all contracts including the conditions, scope, and other Works information to identify requirements and deliverables and to highlight areas of risk such as ambiguities, conflicts, or deviations from the scope of work. Makes recommendations to the Project Managers on the mitigation of these risks. Closely monitors and supports remedial actions and recommends appropriate actions.
- Develops and manages appropriate mechanisms to monitor compliance with contract terms and conditions.
- Supervises and provides guidance to other project team members to ensure technical competence and consistency of administration across several contract packages and to ensure that customer-related actions or inactions which could result in constructive contract changes are identified and make recommendations on their resolution.
- Develops and manages procedures to recognize and identify contract claims as they develop and manage the timely resolution under the changes provisions wherever possible, obtaining claims and legal expertise as appropriate.
- Maintains a good working relationship with Construction, Engineering, Project Controls, Procurement, Legal, Project Management and Risk Management to facilitate organizational interfaces to support contract administration.
- Provides the Project Manager with reviews and analysis of the contract commitment data and payments position and assists Project Controls with the in the development and maintenance of overall cost management.
- Responsible for adherence to contract insurance provisions and ensures implementation of all requirements.
- Ensures the requirements of good corporate governance is understood by members of the Project Management team and takes early actions to correct any deviations from good governance practices.
- Provides reporting, ensures technical competency and consistency across all projects and provides information and guidance to the Project Management team.
Job Scope Information
- Nature of Work - Works on complex issues and implements solutions mostly through the determination of strategy and delegation to others in a group or functional area.
- Level of Interaction - Often collaborates with managers and/or functional or site leaders and has some interaction with external colleagues.
- Autonomy/Decision making - Works under limited supervision and has significant latitude to set objectives, priorities and timelines that may impact a group or functional area within the company.
- Budgetary responsibility - Prepares budget for review by others by pulling all components together and making recommendations.
- Managerial responsibility - Manages supervisors or mid-level professional individual contributors.
- High School diploma or GED and ten (10) years’ experience in Supply Chain or the related fields of Business, Accounting, or Engineering, OR
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain or the related fields of Business, Accounting, or Engineering and six (6) years’ experience in Supply Chain or the related fields of Business, Accounting, or Engineering
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of commercial contracts management
- Work involves frequent travel, international assignments, and relocation to the site of work
- Proficient in the use of personal computers in a business environment. MS Word, Excel, Outlook, essential
- Experience with large copper production and related facilities
- Prior EPCM experience
- Heavy industrial construction commercial management experience working as a team member (Client, EPCM & Contractors)
Position will initially work from home, then be assigned to Phoenix office with travel to Bagdad, AZ. Position will pay a daily rate based on experience, $500 to $600 per day, PTO and full medical, dental and vision insurance offered that begin on your first day of employment. Qualified and interested applicants please send resume for review to email@example.com. Local candidates preferred, no relo, no per diem.
Join the Brunel Family
Our client is a large mining company located in Arizona.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Cindy King is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel USA - Detroit
All fresh vacancies in your mailbox?
Sing up for the Brunel job alert
Look at our privacy statement