About this role
Exciting Commercial Superintendent role for a growing medium size mine in Papua New GuineaThis role is responsible to provide effective finance, commercial, business planning and business services support to the operations.
A key responsibility is the requirement to enable and implement processes, procedures, control systems and practices to enhance commercial compliance and Pronto functionality.
Working across the various departments, the CommercialSuperintendent will plan, coordinate, and ensure delivery of the various business planning processes.
- Oversee the budgeting and planning, including preparation and validation of mine budgets, plans, Life of Mine (LOM) financial models, including preparation and analysis of key performance indicators, projections, and models
- Champion cross functional site involvement in the budgeting process to ensure presentation of a complete business case, inclusion of all potential uplift opportunities and identification of all risks
- Provide high quality analysis of key cost driver trends and budget variances to the Leadership Team.
- Oversee the departmental review of operating costs ensuring that cost drivers, trends, variances, and the future cost outlook are well understood
- Oversee the capital expenditure management process to ensure the effective planning, execution, and delivery of the capital budget
- Deliver cash flow planning
- Coordinate site based components of month end process ensuring completion in accordance with the agreed timetables.
- Manage and coordinate to enhance reporting internally to company and external stakeholders
- Develop the accounting system, introduce controls and procedures to management the payment cycles in a timely manner.
- Train and enhance the control procedures specifically for accounting team members.
- Assist in developing procedures and enhancements to system processes across finance, supply, and maintenance departments
- Relevant tertiary qualification in Accounting or Commercial.
- CA or CPA accreditation
- 10+ years relevant work experience essential in commercial roles preferably in metals extraction and mining operations.
- Previous experience operating in Papua New Guinea or developing countries in remote locations will be highly regarded.
- Computer proficiency in MS Office suite.
- Experience in management and implementation of ERP systems. Pronto experience will be advantageous.
- Sound planning, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work under pressure and autonomously.
- Excellent attention to detail and time management skills to meet deadlines.
- Strong active listening & interpersonal skills for rapport building, conflict resolution & training
- FIFO roster to PNG
- Competitive Salary on Offer
- Annual Bonus Scheme
Join the Brunel Family
Our client is a precious metals producer and operates the Kainantu Gold Mine in the Eastern Highlands province of Papua New Guinea.
The mine has significant growth upside potential through exploration, both near-mine and regionally.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Trina Kedea is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Energy Australia Brisbane